Special Education Teacher at Global Heights Academy
Company: Global Educational Excellence
Location: Dearborn Heights
Posted on: September 21, 2022
About Us: GEE Academies are welcoming environments that are
focused on student achievement and building community. Our faculty
receive excellent support through our mentor program and weekly
professional development sessions.
Position: Special Education Teacher at (insert academy name) /
Location: (insert location)
FLSA Status: Exempt / Employment Type: Full Time / Reports To:
Minimum Experience: Entry Level
Benefits: health, dental, vision, supplemental insurance, merit pay
bonus and 401k retirement plan.
Provide effective instruction for pupils who have a variety of
disabilities as well as manage the materials and resources used for
educating them. Educator is responsible for managing student
behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning
Education & Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Meet applicable State certification and licensure requirements,
including any requirements for certification obtained through
alternative routes to certification requirements as defined by the
Michigan State Board of Education. Except as otherwise provided by
law, the Academy shall use certificated teachers according to state
- Satisfactory criminal background check required
- Works with children with mild to moderate disabilities, using
the general education curriculum, or modifying it, to meet the
child's individual needs.
- Assists in the development of IEPs for each special education
- Coordinates the work of teachers, Paraprofessionals and related
contracted personnel, such as therapists and Social Worker, to meet
the individualized needs of the students within inclusive special
- Participates in Child Study Team meetings.
- Keeps attendance and progress records as required by the
- Attends and participates in IEP/504 meetings.
- Reviews the IEP with the student's parents, school
administrators and the student's general education teacher.
- Works closely with parents to inform them of their child's
progress and suggests techniques to promote learning at home.
Discipline & Counseling
- Teaches and enforces Academy rules of conduct and
- Maintains order in classroom.
- Maintains classroom in a neat and clean manner.
- Counsels students when emotional or academic problems
- When students need special accommodations in order to take a
test, ensures that appropriate ones are provided.
- Designs and teaches appropriate curricula; assigns work geared
toward each student's needs and abilities; grades papers and
- Assists general educators in the adaption of curriculum
materials and teaching techniques to meet the needs of students
- Attends staff meetings and other Academy-related events and
- Participates in in-service training as assigned. Attends
conferences and seminars and presents information to staff.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Employee must be capable of performing physical demands of the job,
including but not limited to lifting, bending, stooping, squatting,
and standing for long periods of time. Work environment has a
raised noise level.
This job post is intended to describe the general nature and level
of the work performed by those assigned to this position. This is
not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
Administration reserves the right to amend or change
responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as
Keywords: Global Educational Excellence, Dearborn Heights , Special Education Teacher at Global Heights Academy, Education / Teaching , Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!