Sr. Power Electronics Design Engineer
Location: Dearborn Heights
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Kelly Engineering is currently recruiting for a (Direct Hire)
(Sr. Power Electronics Design Engineer) job located in Novi, MI. Be
a critical member of a hardware/circuit design team. As the Senior
Power Electronics Design Engineer you will create the latest in
analog/digital power products for the electrification of vehicles
projects. This position will take you through the entire power
converter (supply) development process; meeting specifications,
analysis, design, build, test, & production. Essential Duties and
- Lead design from concept - to release - to end of life.
- Analyze/compare/evaluate power product requirements, their
specifications, and cost.
- Prepare technical and cost proposals and create new design
technical customer presentations
- Develop product electrical hardware circuitry to meet customer
specifications and requirements. Select circuit components and
design custom magnetics, working closely with their vendors. Enter
and complete circuit schematics, diagrams, and documentation.
- Define PCB layout diagrams and aid thermal/mechanical
engineering colleagues with the product's development.
- Collaborate within a multi-functional advanced engineering team
including R&D facilities and manufacturing factories.
- Define prototype build processes, work with local CMs, help
generate necessary work instructions and build documentation.
- Define product test requirements. Perform circuit test,
troubleshoot, update, and finalize prototype electrical engineering
circuits and documentation. Collaborate with company owned & third
party agencies for global automotive safety/EMC/specific regulatory
- Prepare project and team engineering functions. Including
company meetings, vender meetings, customer communications/support,
factory support, and design reviews.
- Mentor lesser experienced engineers helping with project
- Willingness to participate in a multidisciplinary team
- Adhere to company/department/team policies and procedures.
Education / Training Requirements:
- College graduate with a minimum design experience of 10 years
possessing BSEE, 7 years MSEE or PhD; compensation commensurate
with experience. Automotive experience a plus.
- Willingness to learn and attend professional training courses
as needed. Core Competencies / Knowledge:
- Knowledge base of automotive standards.
- Automotive Core Tools.
- Demonstrate competency of isolated/non-isolated SMPS AC/DC,
DC/DC power topologies, switch-mode theory, power semiconductor
operation, power magnetics design, power filter design, closed loop
control/stability design, digital power methodology, and other
associated ancillary circuitry.
- Knowledgeable in high current (up to 500A) and high voltage (up
to 1000V) designs.
- Excellent working knowledge of solid-state electrical power
components and their materials; resistors, capacitors, inductors,
transformers, transient suppression devices, analog PWM control
ICs, power semiconductor drive ICs/TXs, operational amplifiers,
comparators, opto/signal-isolators, microcontrollers, and
programmable logic ICs.
- Knowledgeable in circuit and PCB design to meet power
integrity, regulatory, and EMC requirements.
- ISO26262/ASIL standards including FTA, FMEDA, DIA,
- Knowledgeable in electrical and electromechanical materials and
- Electronic circuit simulation and worst-case circuit analysis
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent articulate laboratory skills/workmanship; working
experience developing and conducting lab test, troubleshooting, &
system verification of high efficiency power circuitry
- Excellent concise technical writing/reading skills for; system
specifications, meeting presentations, design reviews, device
operation descriptions, work instructions, technical reports,
company procedure completion.
- Ability to write hardware-software interface requirements.
- R&D Lab functional skills: SMT & TH component
soldering/de-soldering, PCBA repair, bread-boarding, white-wiring,
building custom magnetics for prototyping.
- Ability to use measurement and test equipment like: Chroma,
Keysight, Tektronix, Venable, & Yokogawa.
- Ability to use EDA tools like: Altium ECAD, MATHCAD, MATLAB,
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, communication
proficiency, capable decision making, and problem
- Must maintain a professional and cooperative demeanor.
- Must be reliable, self-directed and capable of working
independently, with the ability to work on numerous projects
simultaneously and use sound judgment in prioritizing tasks to meet
- Proactive, team-oriented person who can anticipate needs, take
initiative with excellent follow-through and require little
direction or supervision.
- Must be an effective leader that is capable of motivating and
mentoring employees and delegating work. Why Kelly -- ? Your
engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right
fit? Easy. With Kelly-- Engineering, our experts connect you with
leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on
innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top
technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of
short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term,
we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering
job. About Kelly -- At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's
next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their
full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton
of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is
what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide
variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the
world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly, Dearborn Heights , Sr. Power Electronics Design Engineer, Engineering , Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!