Area Safety Manager- First Group
Company: First Group
Location: Dearborn Heights
Posted on: September 15, 2022
First things First: Who are we? Twice the size of our next
largest competitor, First Student is the leading school
transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we
complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than
all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers
and the industry s strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services including full-service transportation
and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization
and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school
district contracts. About the Position The Area Safety Manager
(ASM) supports the safety of designated locations for all
operational, facility and shop activities within the geographic
area. The ASM works directly with the Area General Manager and must
be able to lead behavioral and organizational change by influencing
and change management. The ASM drives continuous improvement by
reviewing data and deploying strategies to mitigate risks. The ASM
ensures that division safety initiatives and processes and embedded
into the area operations and monitors adherence to strategic and
program initiatives. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and
local regulations and company policy.
- Works with the RSD, LSM, LM and the Maintenance Manager, to
ensure safety provisions are developed and deployed.
- Identifies underperforming locations.
- Conduct comprehensive incident investigations for all serious
- Provide support to RSD and Risk Management on claims management
and in litigation.
- Work closely with the workers compensation third-party
administrator to proactively manage claims.
- Work closely with operations and HR to identify trainer needs
and effectively administer driver onboarding.
- Prepare and analyze monthly reports.
- Assess location safety performance by utilizing Daily Dispatch,
Driver Mobile Manager, and other applicable tools.
- Perform location Safety Wellness Checks.
- Assists HR/LM with driver recruitment, retention, and training
- Manages the BeSafe
- Verification of location compliance with PDDP, EDTP, Non-
Conforming Vehicles standards and conduct quality assurance
- Support the execution of kickoff/safety meetings by working
closely with location staff. Qualifications
- 7 Years of Safety/Transportation Experience
- 5 Years experience in fleet transportation management
- Strong commitment to Safety
- Certified Smith System Defensive Driving Instructor
- 2 years of college preferred or equivalent
- OSHA 10-hr, safety/transportation certifications, etc.
- First for a Reason Benefits We offer competitive compensation
and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business),
including physical and mental health initiatives,
medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Professional Advancement Start here. Go far. We believe in
promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you,
thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition,
our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at
First. Extensive Training Build skills and knowledge in such areas
as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and
equipment, and job efficiency. Diversity & Inclusion Because we re
stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse
working environment for everyone every day. Community Service &
Impact Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at
the heart of everything we do. As the face of First in your
community, you ll have a positive impact on others. Apply today and
get your career on the road with First Student! We aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain
a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Group, Dearborn Heights , Area Safety Manager- First Group, Executive , Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!