Company: Kelly Services
Location: Dearborn Heights
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly Engineering is currently recruiting for a (Direct Hire)
(Application Engineer) job located in Novi, MI. --Duties for this
- Definition and documentation of required flex circuit product
features based on customer and system-level requirements.
- Negotiate technical requirements and specifications with OEM
and Tier customers.
- Coordinate technical reviews and submission of deliverables
such as 3D data, customer approval drawings and component drawings
in line with key program dates.
- Support our team by applying knowledge of product development
cycle and APQP disciplines to meet all product deadlines.
- Proactively seeking out new customer opportunities with
existing products or new products for continued business
- Direct creation of 3D models and 2D wire harness drawings based
on customer inputs (3D data, Engineering Changes, red-marks,
- Package components and wire harnesses into vehicles in the 3D
- Support CAD best practices and processes to ensure design
quality meets performance specifications.
- Support Design reviews and DFM analysis.
- Support analysis of circuitry and sub-systems.
- Ensure design meets customer and internal requirements.
- DVP&R (Design Verification Process & Report) creation to
validate customer requirements along with DFMEAs (Design Failure
Mode and Effects Analysis) and other testing/reporting to achieve
PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)--A qualified candidate will
have a large subset of these skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or
- 5+ years of automotive design experience in either connectors,
terminals, wire harness, high voltage components, ECUs/control
modules, or battery packs.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Solidworks, CATIA V5, or
AutoCAD tool sets, as you will be responsible for developing and
releasing 3D and 2D drawings for flex circuits for wire harness,
battery interconnects, power electronics, etc.
- Experience in simulation (FEA and CFD) analysis and
- Experience of product design or application engineering with a
customer interaction component.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015)
and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as
- Working experience with automotive OEM
mechanical/electrical/environmental performance specifications
(i.e. USCAR-2, USCAR-12, USCAR-17, USCAR-21, USCAR-37, USCAR-38,
- Understand requirements of wire harness and battery performance
& test specifications.
- Working experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines
(FMEA, 8D, APQP) and development process (PLM or PDM).
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, presentation),
with ability to discuss technical materials with wide range of
- Can talk to different levels of management and people with
different levels of expertise.
- Self-starter - not afraid to get your hands dirty, take the
lead, wear different role hats depending on the day in a fast-paced
- Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project,
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering desired.
- Drive for results, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn highly
- Position will be based in Metro Detroit with occasional travel
(-10%)--Why Kelly--?Your engineering skills are in demand, but how
do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly Engineering, our
experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn
and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills
sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and
flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something
more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream
engineering job.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're always thinking about
what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to
reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for
temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow
flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a
better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around
the world.Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for
people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as
required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work
with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to
Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Dearborn Heights , Automation Engineer, Other , Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!