Company: Community Medical Services
Location: Dearborn Heights
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsible for the smooth daily operation of the clinic.
Manages, maintains, and coordinates the clinic staff and the clinic
facility. Provides clinical oversight and training of staff under
direct supervision of Clinical Coordinator. Maintains clinic census
base. Responsible for providing regular orientation and training of
clinicians and staff and completes clinical chart review and
critique of client charts.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Maintains and coordinates the operation of the clinic and
general oversight of staff on a daily basis and is responsible for
daily needs and smooth running of assigned facility.
- Hires, trains and guides the patient services team and
- Reviews and approves staff attendance and timecards
- Determines staffing standards for clinics based on patient care
needs, workflow and other clinical needs
- Works with Quality and Compliance to ensure compliance with
state and federal requirements for clinic staff
- Provides performance management to staff and continues to
optimize staff roles and responsibilities to meet performance
- Identify potential problem areas, develop a system for
objectively monitoring performance and creatively seek solutions to
foster quality improvement initiatives
- Identifies and solves patient concerns and de-escalates if
- Ensures appropriate coordination of care for patients and helps
in managing patient flow at the site
- Develops policies and procedures for division functions
- Establishes KPI's regarding customer service standards and
models expected behaviors that demonstrate service excellence with
a focus on patient care
- Assist in development of business plans for new programs and
other strategic initiatives within the clinics
- Participate in management meetings and strategic planning
- Create and foster a teamwork environment by demonstrating open
communication between all departments (Clinical, Engagement Center,
Quality and Billing)
- Completes Community relations requirements for location,
including meeting Community relations goals and set time frames for
- Manages outside agency inspections and assists in plan of
corrections or audits (CARF, OBHL, RHBA, state, DEA, fire, and
alarm). Main point of contact for all audits from oversight
- Provides new employee orientation and training. Ensures
employees complete new employee and annual training
- Risk Management review and tracking- Works alongside assigned
Clinical Coordinator to assist with clinic staff and client issues,
grievances, appeals and complaints from clients and oversight
agencies of assigned clinics
- Assists with growth of clinic and works to identify growth
strategy with Regional Operations Director.
- Addresses facility or program related issues immediately and
devises plans to address and solve issues. Initiates, starts,
follows through and completes any concerns that are identified and
plan of action for follow through is monitored for completion by
- Manages the purchases and assets within the clinics to manage
- Composes reports and submits them to stakeholders for review of
- Supports Change Management
- Other duties as assigned
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for job
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma required; college coursework or a
bachelor's degree preferred.
- Requires three to five years' experience in health services and
two years' experience in behavioral health preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Exceptional communication and time management skills. Ability
to anticipate and react calmly to emergency situations.
- Proficient in an electronic medical record required, along with
Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work
Tools and Equipment Requirements
- The ability to use a phone, computer, printer, and copier is
- Frequent use of Microsoft office products, including but not
limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use the internet and various web browser
software is required.
Physical Working Conditions and Office Setting Description
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office
- Manual dexterity using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending,
stooping, or stretching.
- Some lifting may be required.
- Frequent and prolonged typing and frequent and prolonged
operation of computer, keyboard, and telephones required.
- Requires occasional use of fax machines, telephones, copiers,
and other office equipment.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift
and or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Community Medical Services, Dearborn Heights , Clinic Manager, Other , Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!