Company: Community Medical Services
Location: Dearborn Heights
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Medical Director is responsible for the overall smooth
operation of medical services provided by to the Community Medical
Services site (or sites) that physician is assigned to. Medically
responsible for all employees administering medical attention,
including, but not limited to: Nurses, Pharmacists, Physicians
Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for the overall, smooth execution of medical
services provided by Community Medical Services location(s)
physician is assigned to. This includes overseeing all medical
staff to ensure compliance with state, federal and local
- Responsible for ensuring that evidence of current physiologic
dependence, length of history of addiction, or exceptions to
criteria for admission are documented in the patient's records
before the patient receives the initial dose of medication.
- Responsible for ensuring that all medical evaluations, medical
histories, and physical examinations have been completed
before patient receives initial dose of medication.
- Responsible for ongoing treatment of patients including signing
or countersigning medical orders, treatment plans, and
documentation required by state, accreditation, DEA, CARF,
Licensure and federal regulations.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- Licensed as a Medical Doctor in the state that physician
provides medical oversight
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a physician in substance abuse
treatment or related behavioral health setting
- Knowledge of medical perspective of substance abuse and
- Experience in substance abuse rehabilitation and Opioid
treatment is desirable.
- Basic computer knowledge is necessary.
- DATA 2000 waiver (CSAT)
- Ability to oversee large medical staff, review and manage all
- Required sensitivity to the needs of those who are chemically
- Ability to participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to interact with clients in a friendly, helpful, and
Tools and Equipment Requirements
- The ability to use a phone, computer, printer, and copier is
- Frequent use of Microsoft office products, including but not
limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use the internet and various web browser
software is required.
Physical Working Conditions and Office Setting Description
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office
- Manual dexterity using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending,
stooping, or stretching.
- Some lifting may be required.
- Frequent and prolonged typing and frequent and prolonged
operation of computer, keyboard, and telephones required.
- Requires occasional use of fax machines, telephones, copiers,
and other office equipment.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Community Medical Services, Dearborn Heights , Medical Director, Other , Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!