Lead Electrical Design Engineer, eMobility
Company: Eaton Corporation
Location: Dearborn Heights
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Eaton’s eMobility Division is currently seeking a Lead
Electrical Design Engineer to join our team. This position is based
at our Southfield, MI or Tualatin, OR location. Relocation
assistance will be provided.
We make the electric revolution work. Every
day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by
making power management technologies that are more reliable,
efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the
passion of every employee around the world. We create
an environment where creativity, invention and discovery
become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold,
bright professionals like you can reach your full
potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton’s eMobility segment is
collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the
transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient
vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower
overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
Our eMobility segment is currently seeking a Lead Electrical
Design Engineer to join our dynamic, New Product Introduction team.
This position takes ownership of designing hybrid electric and
electric vehicle power management solutions by leading
cross-functional, global teams and collaborating across the
In this role, you will be a Lead Design Engineer for new product
development on the High Voltage Power Distribution and Circuit
Protection product line. This position will be required to develop,
communicate, and maintain project schedules, budget, and resource
needs through the PROLaunch New Product Introduction process.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead the most challenging technical projects in a self-directed
manner, independently perform assignments with minimal guidance,
and understand the business impact of your decisions.
- Take a systems approach to establishing product requirements,
managing risk, testing/evaluating, and ensuring reliability while
collaborating cross-functionally to assure successful
product/system development, design and implementation.
- Identify market trends and develop product technology
strategies to satisfy the future needs of our customers, while
driving profitable business growth.
- Prepare new project estimates and possess the ability to
generate the scope, effort, schedule, risks, product cost, and
- Develop and launch new innovative products, using the Eaton
PROLaunch stage-gate process, on time, on budget, and to project
- Complete appropriate technical documentation for your designs
including schematics, analysis documentation, PCB layouts, BOMs,
DFMEA’s, DVP&R’s, theory of operations documents, and users
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship
with key stakeholders, customers, and vendors.
- Lead department growth initiatives, establish efficient
processes, bring in new tools, and mentor other engineers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of five (5) years in new product development
- Minimum of five (5) years experience with electronic hardware
design—electronics for vehicle electric environments,
interconnected products (systems), design strategies for EMC,
- Fluency in English (writing, reading, and speaking)
- Experience with vehicle electronic systems
- DFMEA experience
- Good understanding of automotive and commercial vehicle markets
and the environmental requirements and related qualification
- Electronic design tools: schematic capture, circuit and
behavioral simulation (Altium, SPICE, Simplis, Matlab/Simulink),
PCB layout and design
- Experience with model based design methods a plus
- Software Development tools: (MPLAB, IAR Embedded Workbench, AVR
studio, Keil, Microchip and Atmel development tools)
- ST, Renesas, TI, Microchip, Atmel microprocessor families
- Creating and maintaining electronic documentation for
- Ability to plan, schedule, and execute development testing
(scheduling test labs, designing test equipment, designing and
building test harnesses, creating test strategies for both
validation and production testing, writing procedures and
- Working knowledge of automotive serial data protocols (CAN
J1939, J1587, J1708, LIN, CANopen).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry
competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are
programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may
vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from
within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Keywords: Eaton Corporation, Dearborn Heights , Lead Electrical Design Engineer, eMobility, Other , Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!