Infection Preventionist $5000.00 Sign on Bonus
Company: SKLD Plymouth
Location: Dearborn Heights
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Description:Position Summary:In keeping with our organization's
goal of improving the lives of the Residents we serve; the
Infection Preventionist plays a critical role in the facility's
Infection Prevention and Control Program (IPCP), which includes but
is not limited to surveillance, analysis, interpretation and
reporting of facility acquired infections. The IP will safeguard
the health, safety, and welfare of all Residents, staff,
volunteers, and visitors by following applicable laws, regulations,
and established nursing policies and procedures. Principal Duties
and Responsibilities:Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Responsible for identifying, controlling, and preventing
outbreaks of infections in the facility.
- Collects and analyzes infection control data.
- Develops, revises, and implements infection prevention and
control policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and maintains ongoing training and
educational programs for all facility personnel in relation to
infection prevention and control topics.
- Acts as an infection prevention and control educational
resource for residents, employees, volunteers, and visitors.
- Provides education to staff and assists in the development,
implementation, and enforcement of infection prevention and control
policies and procedures.
- Ensures facility compliance with federal, state, and local
infection control standards.
- Participates in federal, state, and local agency annual
- Review with appropriate department heads any deficiencies noted
by government agencies during inspections.
- Answer and respond to call lights promptly and courteously when
working in resident care areas.
- Maintain own professional requirements for continuing education
and staff development by participating in work related seminars,
- Promotes compliance with accident prevention procedures, safety
rules, and safe work practices to prevent employee injury and
illness and control worker's compensation costs.
- Ensure equipment is used in a safe manner and report any
maintenance concerns to the Director of Maintenance. Reports all
hazardous conditions, damaged equipment, and supply issues to the
- Adheres to the Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of Residents and
interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and
promotes a caring environment.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with
Residents, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in accordance with
HIPAA guidelines at all times and protects confidential information
by only providing information on a need-to-know basis.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services as requested. Attends
in-service and education programs and attends continuing education
required for maintenance of professional certification or
- Understands Infection Control and follows the Company's
Infection Control guidelines, such as hand washing principles,
understanding of isolation and standard precautions, recognizing
signs and symptoms of infection, demonstrating and understanding of
the process for identifying and handling infectious waste and cross
contamination, maintaining personal hygiene, and complying with
OSHA standards in the workplace.
- Promotes and Protects Resident Rights by assisting Residents to
make informed decisions, treating Residents with dignity and
respect, protecting Residents' personal belongings, reporting
suspected abuse or neglect, avoiding the need for physical
restraints in accordance with current professional standards, and
supporting independent expression, choice and decision-making
consistent with applicable laws and regulations.
- Performs other tasks as required.Supervisory
Responsibility:This position has indirect supervisor
responsibilities for CNAs/STNAs and other nursing personnel.
#INDPLYN#PM22Requirements:Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, or related field.
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing program.
- Current state license as a Registered Nurse or Licensed
Practical Nurse & CPR Certification
- Five years of experience as an RN; one year of experience in an
infection control position.
- Completed specialized training in infection prevention and
- Knowledge of federal and state infection control
regulations.Specific skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Knowledge of current federal and state laws and regulations
that apply to the practice of nursing in a long-term care
- Has strong organizational and time management skills and the
ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to provide effective education and guidance on
infection prevention and control practices.
- Basic computer knowledge is required.PI216438859
Keywords: SKLD Plymouth, Dearborn Heights , Infection Preventionist $5000.00 Sign on Bonus, Other , Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...